Thursday, January 29, 2009
So moral of this story, if your kids put stuff in their ears, tip them upside down, or have your husband MacGyver something to help! And don't ever leave nail polish within the sight of a 2 year old little girl!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Around our town house, I'd say not even a 25 foot perimeter we have 6, yes 6 Oak trees. And what animal loves Oak trees because of the acorns? Squirrels. I've never had a beef with squirrels in my life. They are cute little frisky rodents that seem to have the metabolism of someone on crack. But again, no problem with them. They occasionally would bury their acorns in our back yard last summer, but still not a big deal. TILL NOW!!!!!!! The last month we've noticed, or rather "heard" them in our attic. You can hear them running around like crazy up there and it was starting to get annoying mainly because it would only happen at night, and of course they had to do it above Lily's room. So now my 2 year old has a phobia of squirrels because of the noise they'll make at night in her ceiling. You'll hear her yelling. "mom!!! The squirrels are here! The Squirrels are here!" I've tried to reassure her that they are just playing and they won't hurt her. Basically anything to chill her out. So we called the "rodent people or pest people" They came out yesterday and said that it's mating season and the female is probably preparing a spot in our attic to have her babies in the spring, so it's a good thing to solve the problem now before we have baby squirrels in our attic this spring. So they set up traps on our roof yesterday and said they'd come every day, set new traps and check the hole where they come in and then once they are gone from that area, they'll seal up the hole. Great! No more squirrels making noise in the attic. Well. last night. all the traps were filled with squirrels on our roof. We sleep up stairs, thus hearing what goes on on the roof. I kid you not. ALL NIGHT LONG we hear thumping, rolling, digging, crazy noises of those dang squirrels trying to get out of the cages. Lily woke up at 12:00 and basically didn't go back to sleep till 5am and the boys kept getting up too. Darren is on a crazy schedule at work and is only averaging 4 hours a sleep at night. He finally went down stairs to get any last bit of sleep he could before leaving at 4 a.m. So I was up virtually all night with the kids in and out of my room. When the squirrels would take a break and rest, we'd doze off, just to be awakened AGAIN by them going crazy in their cages. We literally got maybe 2 hours combined if that, in 15 to 20 minute segments. Before bed, I was feeling bad for the little critters, out there in a cage on the roof in the cold while it was raining. But by morning I had a death wish for all of them and I even envisioned myself bunt kicking their cages off my roof. Like I could get my 7 month pregnant self up on the roof to do it, but I would if I could. I went from liking squirrels, to down right hating the little punks. One thing you don't do, is mess with a pregnant woman's sleep and/or the sleep of her kids! You will unleash the wrath of hell if you do! There I feel better after venting, but I'm still dreading another night. If they do it again tonight, I swear I'll climb out my window and get up on the roof somehow! You watch!
Here is the hole they climb through by our rain gutter
Here's 2 of the cages right above Lily's window
Here's a little punk peeking out at me! No mercy here! not any more!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Lily had to follow of course!
Ethan in his potato sack. He likes to hop around the house in them all the time.
Lily hopping in the sacks too.
The boys running down Mount Trashmore "hill".
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
1. What's your name? "Um.... Ashton"
2. How old are you? "Um... 4" (as he holds up 4 fingers)
3. What's your favorite color? "Um.... Red"
4. What's your favorite book? "The book Dad is reading us" (20,000 Leagues under the sea)
5. What's your favorite song? "Goodnight song"
6. What's your favorite movie? "Polar Express"
7. What's your favorite t.v. show? "Sponge Bob"
8. Who is your best friend? "Ethan" (awwww so cute)
9. What's your favorite thing to do at school? "Mom, I don't go to school yet! When I'm 5 remember?"
10. What's your favorite smell? "pizza"
11. What's your favorite candy? "I want the.....I don't know.....um... chocolate! Mom do we have any chocolate?"
12. What's your favorite sound? "Um, I want to wrestle with Ethan now"
13. What's your favorite instrument? "What's an instrument?"
14. What's your favorite game? "Zelda"
15. What's your favorite food? "cheesebooger" ;)
16. What's your favorite drink? "um.... water"
17. What's your favorite animal? "elephant"
18. What's your favorite thing to do? "Um.....clean up" (could have fooled me!) ha ha ha! ;)
19. Where's your favorite place to go? "Chuck-E-Cheese. Mom can we go there?" (This one surprised me. We haven't been there since we lived in Texas. I think it's been over a couple years. I guess he really loved it when we went! I better find one here for him!)
20. What's your favorite toy? "Um....guys" (g.i. joes)
21. How old is Dad? "Um.. I don't' know mom!" ( I tell him 30 and he says.. "no! that's too old!")
22. How old is Mom? "um.. 4?" (No, mommy is 29! "mom you're being silly!")
23. What makes you happy? "Mom, are we done? I want to go play with Ethan!!!"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up? "Mom, I don't know. Can I go now?"
1. What's your name? "Um... Lily name"
2. How old are you? "because Lily name. I two!"
3. What's your favorite color? "green"
4. What's your favorite book? "color"
5. What's your favorite song? "temple"
6. What's your favorite movie? "Can I watch flushed away mom?"
7. What's your favorite t.v. show? "Mickey Mouse. Mom I want to watch flushed away!"
8. Who is your best friend? "12 green. It's not green!" (don't ask????)
9. What's your favorite thing to do at school? "I go with Ethan mom?"
10. What's your favorite smell? "pizza" (I think she heard Ashton)
11. What's your favorite candy? "favorite m&m's"
12. What's your favorite sound? "um, can I have m&m's?"
13. What's your favorite instrument? "um. what mommy?"
14. What's your favorite game? "hide and seek. Let's play mom!"
15. What's your favorite food? "m&m's. um....dinner"
16. What's your favorite drink? "water"
17. What's your favorite animal? "elephant"
18. What's your favorite thing to do? "giraffe"
19. Where's your favorite place to go? "um donkey"
20. What's your favorite toy? "um. puppy" (I sense she is on a kick of naming animals at this point!)
21. How old is Dad? "um...3"
22. How old is Mom? "um..3"
23. What makes you happy? "just make me happy mom. Green"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up? "a baby!"
Monday, January 19, 2009
Like the blue toilet and sink? Pretty fashionable I must say!
Don't ask..... Ethan and Lily are a boy and girl clone of each other. Ashton usually does everything Ethan does, but not this. Ashton thought this was the dumbest thing his brother has done yet. He didn't want anything to do with Q-Tips stuck in all the holes in his head. Lily thought it was quite entertaining.
Monday, January 12, 2009
I've had nothing to post about for a while. Life is just ho-hum and going along as normal. Hope everyone is doing well!
Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day
In Florida, an atheist created a case against the Easter and Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before the judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case dismissed."
The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and Others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah. Yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays!"
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant." The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is "April Fools Day." Psalm 14:1 states 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court dismissed."
Friday, January 2, 2009
Our dog Yoda is obsessed with the game hide and go seek. This clip doesn't even give justice to the way he acts and how he tries to find Darren when he hides. Whenever he hears the kids start to count and say "ready or not here I come!" he goes crazy! Especially if Darren is playing. Pretty funny! Enjoy!