Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Giving the 3 Amigo's a Survey

My friend Briana did this on her blog. It was so cute so I had to do it as well. It's amazing what you "learn" about your own kids. Things you thought you knew, maybe you didn't! I wrote their answers down verbatim as it came from their mouths. Pretty funny! I recommend anyone that has a child/children, to give him/her/them a "survey" once in a while. It's fun for you and them, and you learn some funny stuff about your kiddo's!

ETHAN'S SURVEY (age 7)
1. What's your name? "E.T.H.A.N." (yes, he spelled it to me)
2. How old are you? "um 6, I mean 7!"
3. What's your favorite color? "Red" (all this time I thought it was blue! go figure)
4. What's your favorite book? "My shark book"
5. What's your favorite song? "I love to see the temple"
6. What's your favorite movie? "Do I have to do this mom?" "Um....oh! I like Jaws!"
7. What's your favorite t.v. show? "Channel 29" (Nick Jr.)
8. Who is your best friend? "Ryan" (from Texas) sniff sniff
9. What's your favorite thing to do at school? "Math"
10. What's your favorite smell? "after dad mows the lawn" (mmmm me too!)
11. What's your favorite candy? "Sour patch kids"
12. What's your favorite sound? "What is this for mom? Why do you keep writing everything I say down? Ok! My favorite sound is when Ashton laughs."
13. What's your favorite instrument? "Violin" (His uncles would be so proud, he doesn't even play! He never mentioned liking the violin!)
14. What's your favorite game? "Battlefield" (One of dad's computer games)
15. What's your favorite food? "Crab" (That's my boy!) ;)
16. What's your favorite drink? "Dr. Pepper" (Darren's fault not mine!)
17. What's your favorite animal? "dog, oh I really like sharks too! Oh, and lizards, snakes and frogs too! Oh, I really like dolphins and whales"
18. What's your favorite thing to do? "Play the wizard game on the computer."
19. Where's your favorite place to go? "The park, if it has swings!"
20. What's your favorite toy? "My army men"
21. How old is Dad? "30"
22. How old is Mom? "29"
23. What makes you happy? "When my family plays hide and go seek"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up? "A Police Man. Can I go now mom?"


ASHTON'S SURVEY (age 4)
1. What's your name?
"Um.... Ashton"
2. How old are you? "Um... 4" (as he holds up 4 fingers)
3. What's your favorite color? "Um.... Red"
4. What's your favorite book? "The book Dad is reading us" (20,000 Leagues under the sea)
5. What's your favorite song? "Goodnight song"
6. What's your favorite movie? "Polar Express"
7. What's your favorite t.v. show? "Sponge Bob"
8. Who is your best friend? "Ethan" (awwww so cute)
9. What's your favorite thing to do at school? "Mom, I don't go to school yet! When I'm 5 remember?"
10. What's your favorite smell? "pizza"
11. What's your favorite candy? "I want the.....I don't know.....um... chocolate! Mom do we have any chocolate?"
12. What's your favorite sound? "Um, I want to wrestle with Ethan now"
13. What's your favorite instrument? "What's an instrument?"
14. What's your favorite game? "Zelda"
15. What's your favorite food? "cheesebooger" ;)
16. What's your favorite drink? "um.... water"
17. What's your favorite animal? "elephant"
18. What's your favorite thing to do? "Um.....clean up" (could have fooled me!) ha ha ha! ;)
19. Where's your favorite place to go? "Chuck-E-Cheese. Mom can we go there?" (This one surprised me. We haven't been there since we lived in Texas. I think it's been over a couple years. I guess he really loved it when we went! I better find one here for him!)
20. What's your favorite toy? "Um....guys" (g.i. joes)
21. How old is Dad? "Um.. I don't' know mom!" ( I tell him 30 and he says.. "no! that's too old!")
22. How old is Mom? "um.. 4?" (No, mommy is 29! "mom you're being silly!")
23. What makes you happy? "Mom, are we done? I want to go play with Ethan!!!"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up? "Mom, I don't know. Can I go now?"


LILY'S SURVEY (age 2)
1. What's your name?
"Um... Lily name"
2. How old are you? "because Lily name. I two!"
3. What's your favorite color? "green"
4. What's your favorite book? "color"
5. What's your favorite song? "temple"
6. What's your favorite movie? "Can I watch flushed away mom?"
7. What's your favorite t.v. show? "Mickey Mouse. Mom I want to watch flushed away!"
8. Who is your best friend? "12 green. It's not green!" (don't ask????)
9. What's your favorite thing to do at school? "I go with Ethan mom?"
10. What's your favorite smell? "pizza" (I think she heard Ashton)
11. What's your favorite candy? "favorite m&m's"
12. What's your favorite sound? "um, can I have m&m's?"
13. What's your favorite instrument? "um. what mommy?"
14. What's your favorite game? "hide and seek. Let's play mom!"
15. What's your favorite food? "m&m's. um....dinner"
16. What's your favorite drink? "water"
17. What's your favorite animal? "elephant"
18. What's your favorite thing to do? "giraffe"
19. Where's your favorite place to go? "um donkey"
20. What's your favorite toy? "um. puppy" (I sense she is on a kick of naming animals at this point!)
21. How old is Dad? "um...3"
22. How old is Mom? "um..3"
23. What makes you happy? "just make me happy mom. Green"
24. What do you want to be when you grow up? "a baby!"

1 comment:

Briana said...

I'm so glad you did that! Very cute! I'm sure you could add some other fun questions, too, but wouldn't it be fun to do that on a yearly basis and see how they grow and change?