Monday, January 9, 2012

Dumb Lizards!

My friend has a son who “won” 3 lizards from his school class. (2 males and 1 female) Well…… They hated them, didn’t like taking care of them and gave them to me, cage and all. I knew my boys would be thrilled….. So I took them. All is fine and dandy. I get to have a container of live hopping crickets in my house that I have to feed to keep alive to feed these ‘beautiful’ lizards…… (cough cough, sense my sarcasm?)

Any way. Today I looked in the cage and this is what I saw. The 2 males biting each other's heads off! Well as a mom who is constantly breaking up fights from my own kids, I instantly reached my hand in to separate these two! It was hard! He had a locked jaw on him! I literally had to flick him to get him off!!!!

photo 1 (2)

I took Mr. Alpha Male out of the cage, not sure what to do with this bad boy. Let them both cool down. Put him back in the cage and he instantly attacked the smaller male again….. So I took him out again and threw him outside in my backyard and away he went! Good-riddens you mean Lizard! Don’t freeze your ugly green tail off!

photo 2 (2)

Poor smaller male. Look at the bruise below his eye! Ugh. What in the world did I get myself into? The life of a mom with boys! Owell. Maybe him and the female can live in peace now…… We shall see!

photo 3 (2)

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

You are too funny! And way too nice! :)

Sue Howe said...

That's hilarious. Reminds me of Teancum. I remembered chopping up all those veggies and fruits for it to eat every morning before going to work. Oh, my, what a deal.

Kate said...

what a good mom you are! i couldn't do it! really, i couldn't! the crickets alone give me the creeps. and let's not even start on the lizards!
i'm sure your boys love them though, right?