I just realized that today is Monday. FHE!!!
Sooooo. Mad dash to get a lesson ready and a quick and easy treat! Thought I would share this super fast, easy, yummy, treat!
Chocolate Cake in a Mug
· 4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right!
· 4 tablespoons sugar
· 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
· 2 tablespoons whisked egg – (1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tbsp. is just right!)
· 3 tablespoons milk
· 3 tablespoons oil
· 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
· splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon
(For a fudgier version, omit egg!)
· Add all of the dry ingredients to the mug and mix.
· Add the egg and combine well. It gets pretty pasty at this point.
· Stir in milk and oil.
· Add chocolate chips* and splash of vanilla. Stir well.
*if you don't have chocolate chips, try a broken up candy bar - I can't stress how much this amps the awesomeness of your cake
· Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w oven, or 4 minutes in a 700w oven.
It will start to crown over the top of the mug. Don't panic! It will collapse once the heat stops.
This cake is still good half an hour out of the oven. In fact, I think it gets better the longer it sits, but I can't speak to how it does after that, since there's never any left!
Sprinkle with powdered Sugar if desired!