Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Test Results


For those who have followed my blog through my pregnancy you'll know that in the beginning of my pregnancy I was tested for being a carrier of cystic fibrosis. The result was positive and then Darren had to be tested as well and his result was positive too. This caused great stress for the rest of my pregnancy, followed with many other doctor visits and ultrasounds. They wanted me to do an amnio, but I opted out and chose to wait till the baby was born to find out for sure. Having to wait so many months and not knowing if your baby will have this life ending disease was so hard and stressful on us. We researched about the disease and prepared ourselves for the worse case scenario. Finally after waiting for so long, his blood test is back and he is negative for having the disease. Darren and I are so grateful that our little baby will not have to go through having this. We are also so thankful that our other 3 kids did not get it either. We consider ourselves really lucky. Especially since we didn't know we were carriers until our last pregnancy. I don't think we would have had as many kids as we did, if we had known earlier. I guess there's a reason for everything. Jacob had a check up today. he'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow. He's doing so well. He weighs 10lbs even and is growing like a weed. I love this little boy so much already. He is such a little ball of wonderment. I can't get enough of him. I'm so glad now that he is a boy and not a girl. I remember being so sad that he was a boy and that Lily wouldn't have a sister, but now that I have him, I wouldn't trade him for a million girls. Time goes so fast. I'm trying to treasure the newborn phase since this is our last. I know before we know it, he'll be all grown up. Jacob reminds me of a large breed puppy. Like puppies, he is small because he's still a baby, but you know he will be big because his hands and feet are huge! Like puppies that are small with these huge feet that they haven't grown into yet. I know he'll be a big dude. He'll have to be big to protect him self from his older brothers! ;)


This weekend we grilled for dinner. Darren had placed the grill rack on the grass to do something and out ran Ethan not knowing it was on the grass and stepped right on the hot grill. OUCH! Just thought I'd add this pic. Poor kid.

8 comments:

Brewer Bunch said...

Robin!!! I am so relieved for you and your new little one!!! What a miracle to have 4 without any signs of CF - that is amazing!

Oh, and OUCH - poor Ethan - burns are not fun anywhere, but that must have been awful on his foot to still have to step on it all the time. Poor guy!! I hope he feels better soon!

Alan said...

That's such wonderful news about Jacob!

And nice grill marks, Ethan. ;)

Kate said...

oh robin, i am so happy about the test results. see, all that stress and worry for nothing. jacob is such a beautiful little {big} baby! :)

The Farrell Family said...

I'm so glad about the test results. Its amazing how the Lord works! And none of the others...WOW!

Nice grill marks Ethan! You'd make a steak proud!

Debbie said...

Robin...Jacob is adorable and he looks so much like your 2 younger ones. I'm so glad for your good news, you are truly blessed with your children!! As for Ethan's foot, Braeden would think it looks like train tracks(kind of like his hand when he had stiches)!!!

Schmerber Family said...

So glad that Jacob is healthy, WHEW! What a relief!SO when Darren's vasectomy appt.?LOL!

Ouch! poor Ethan

Shari said...

I'm so happy you had good news about your little guy. It's funny you mention his hands and feet. My little Ethan has always had amazon feet and hands. He never got to wear the little baby shoes because he could never fit into them. He's now growing out of a size 5 and he's 11 months. I think he takes after the Meager side. :)

Andrea McEntire said...

That is wonderful news. What an answer to prayer!