Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mom's Visit

My mom made the huge effort to fly from Utah to Virginia to stay with our family for a week. It was so fun having her here. The first night she got here I was sooooo sick! After a couple days I got better thankfully. The kids enjoyed having their Grammy Sue here. I feel so bad I didn't get as many pictures as I normally would have. I guess we were too busy enjoying each other's company to remember the camera. And I guess being sick for half the visit and having a friend who had a baby added to the mix didn't help any. But any way, here are a few pictures I did manage to get!

Our day out. We went and got pedicures.


Super Cute!

Then went and ate seafood! YUM!!!!


This is where the younger two kids would trap Grammy as much as possible. On the couch with a book!


Lily LOVES puzzles. They put them together many times.

Craft with the kids.


Lily and Grammy unwrapping kisses for the cookies.


Almost didn't post this pic, but it's too funny not to. We didn't realize how CLOSE our tongues were to touching till after we looked at the picture! Pretty funny.

Darren came home from work on Valentines with a dozen red roses for me, and a dozen pink for my mom. Sweet hubby.


That's all the pics I have. I feel bad I didn't get more of Grammy with the other kids. It's mostly her and Lily, but Lily stayed by her side for the most part. But I have lots of memories of the trip and it was fun. Thank you again Mom for making the effort to come visit us! We love and miss you! ♥♥♥

5 comments:

Hansen Adventures said...

you guys looks so cute!!! I cant believe how old your kiddos are getting. So much fuN! we miss yoU!

Debi said...

Aahhh! I love that Darren got both of you Roses. What a nice guy! It was fun to talk to your mom on Sunday. I am glad that you had a good visit. Debi

Sue Howe said...

So good to see the pictures and to think of the special memories we made together. I will remember this special February forever. It was a blessing to spend these special days with Jacob, Lily, Ashton, Ethan, Darren and Robin. Can't forget Yoda and Truffle. It was such a fun trip. Darren is the best husband and father and Robin is the best mom, daughter and wife. I am amazed at all each Robin and Darren do. Such a great family. Love you all and miss you all so much. I love the tounge picture. Amazing, but cute.

Briana said...

Yeah for Moms!! So excited mine will be here in 2 weeks!

Kathy said...

How great that your mom got to visit with your family. She is a special lady, and like her I'm amazed at the terrific mom you have become too!