Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Interview Me!

“Interview me!” {My friend Kate sent me an interview, here are my answers}

1. Who is your hero?
My hero is any mother who does her job right. Being a good mother is so hard. Any one can be a mom, but to be a “good mom” is different. My mom is my hero for raising 3 kids alone for 30 years. I couldn’t imagine doing it alone. It would be so difficult.

2. Do you collect anything?
Not really. Something that I do have a lot of is cook books. I always love getting a new one and searching for the next best recipe. The only other thing I can think of that I “collect” would be: For each of my children on their birthdays I write them a birthday letter telling them about the previous year of their life, the things I love about them etc… and I stash them away year after year in their baby books. When they leave home I want to be able to give them those letters I wrote each year on their birthday.

3. When you are having a “bad mom day” what is your escape?
As all moms know, it’s hard to ever escape really, bad day or not. To be completely honest my only escape would be a prayer. Especially if I’m being really grumpy and short tempered with the kids, I have to sneak away and just say a prayer to keep it together and be kind. Other wise, I feel bad at night when I do have my “mommy time” and the kids are sleeping, I feel bad if I was a grumpy and impatient mom. But bed time for the kids is my time that I thoroughly enjoy!

4. If you had one “do over” in your life what would it be?
Too many small regrets to list, but a general thing I wish I could “do over” was to know that I am good enough. Good enough to be just me. Kids go through a hard time growing up and especially in school, struggling to “fit in” or be cool enough or good enough. I always wasn’t happy with myself and now that I’m almost 30 I finally am happy with me. I love my fat stretched out body, because it means that I was able to create and grow 4 children and bring them into this world, I love that I’m “too tall”, it means I’m different and I can reach a lot of other stuff others cant, I love that I have small boobs, they never get in the way, and when I run they don’t bounce and flop all over the place, and they won’t be hitting my knees when I’m old. I’ve come to realize that I am good enough and I wish I had come to realize that a lot earlier!

5. Would you rather read the book or see the movie?
Depends. I really hated reading in my younger years. 5 or 10 years ago my answer would have been Movie, but now I’m enjoying reading more and books definitely are more detailed than the movie. It’s fun to do both.


Now, I would love to interview you. So here is what you do.
I will be nice, I promise. It is a great way to get to know you.
Besides it's great way to have something to blog about when you're in a rut.
Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

Ramanda said...

Hit me with your best shot!!! ramanda_nash@msn.com!

#1 You do indeed have a wonderful mother! She is a pillar of strength!

#2 You are such a creative and good mom! I wish I could come up with ideas like that.

#4 You have your priorities straight! You focus on the good and your love for yourself will only create more confident children! I am with you, big boob are overrated!

Robin, you are just one amazing woman!

Briana said...

I loved reading that, it was great. It think you've come a long way, from what you say about finally being "good enough." I think the hardest part is realizing you're good enough, but knowing there is always room for improvement - it's a fine line!

Interview me :-)

Kate said...

yeah, that was so much fun to read your answers!
#2i like that you write letters to your kids. very good idea!
#3 okay, maybe i should think of praying too, that is probably a very good idea.
#4 you are such an amazing person. i'm glad you moved here so i can get to know you!

Unknown said...

That was a fun read! your blog helps me to get to know you again and reading little things like that gives me a peak into your brain. Ours aren't so different, you know! Interview me!