Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Happy October Everyone! This is my family's second to favorite time of year. Christmas, of course is number 1! But we absolutely love love love Halloween! Tonight the decorations come out! I thought I'd share a favorite recipe to kick off the month! Everyone loves this bread when I make it! Even if you think you hate pumpkin, you will not hate this. it's delish!!!! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Bread

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

3 comments:

Kate said...

oh yummy! i love anything pumpkin! i'll have to try the recipe. but not now....for some reason pumpkin bread has been giving me heartburn! it'll have to be after the baby is born!

Brewer Bunch said...

Yummy! That sounds so good - I think we'll have to give it a go... as soon as I get over my cooking burn out from all of the nutrition seminars last week :). Thanks, Robin! Have a great day!
Jen

Eric and Aubrey said...

I tried your recipe tonight. It was DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing...it was just what I needed!