Friday, September 26, 2008

Tag: My 6 Quirks

I was tagged by Briana to do this. I really should be folding laundry though! :)

Here are the rules:
1. Link the person(s) that tagged you (Briana)

2. Mention the rules on your blog

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours

4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them (Becky, Ramanda, Kate, KaraJean, Debi, Jen, Shannon)

My Unspectacular Quirks

1. I will not go grocery shopping if my house, especially my kitchen is dirty. All dishes have to be done and the fridge cleaned out before I'll bring home groceries.

2. I count every stair I ever walk on. I read words backwards and do weird things with numbers on alarm clocks. Yep, I'm borderline crazy. Can you say "O.C.D?"

3. I've been "growing my hair out" for 10+ years now. I will cut it all off at the shortest layer (when my hair is layered), thus saying, it can all grow out one length, then when it reaches a little past my shoulders I layer it again, and I have repeated this cycle for what seems like forever now. I get bored with hair really quick and need a change.

4. I'm obsessed with me and my family sleeping on clean sheets. I refuse to put my kids to bed (after they've had a bath), in a bed without clean sheets. Needless to say, our sheets wear out very quickly. But hey, we're sleeping clean right? (Man, the more I write the more crazy I'm beginning to think I am)

5. I am also a picker Briana. A huge picker. (remember the ward Christmas party a few years ago? I found your grey hair?) Oh dear, so embarrassing. I pick at everything, and my kids already hate it. Darren has told me not to pick at him at church, so I have to refrain, but I still am allowed to pick a stray hair off his shirt. :)

6. I HATE doing laundry with a passion. It is my lot in life that I can't stand. I do it, but in my mind it's just a never ending task that will never ever end forever! I like to do things that get done, and get done for a while. When I know I'll have to do it over and over again, it really gets on my nerves. When I was younger, my mom would tell me to go feel if the clothes were dry in the dryer and if they were, to pull them out and fold them...... Well, I would always get a cup of water and throw it on them and then start the dryer again and say, "nope mom, not dry yet!" My kids better not do that! :)

Well, there are my 6 quirks. I am a little OCD, but who isn't to some extent right?

3 comments:

Briana said...

LOL, okay, some of that I knew, but I love the laundry one. Yes, you are right, we're all a little crazy when it comes to certain things!

Brewer Bunch said...

Robin - I am still laughing right out loud at the cup-o-water!! That is one of the funniest things I have heard!! Love you!
Jen

Ry and Nat said...

Hey Robin! Love the spooky blog! Do you mind giving me your e-mail? Had to change the security of our blog and I need to send you and invite. (Darn crazy ex-boyfriends!!!) Thanks so much. Miss ya'll and hope you're doing just swell : )